16.10.10









I've been traveling alot in the last days.....


No these are of course not my photos. I love going through photo archives to find inspiration and one of my favorite is Guardian's 24 hours in pictures. Everyday they post around 10-15 of the best images taken around the world. Many of them are so beautiful! But of course the harsh reality in some of them can be saddening. Like the first picture which is so inspiring and has wonderful colors and movement.....but at the same time is so horrible. I have a huge folder on my laptop where I save my favorite photos from this archive. I thought I'd share some of them with you. 


Captions:
1. Flood victims in Pakistan. 
2. Managua, Nicaragua. -A boy plays in a shelter for people displaced by flooding.
3. Havana, Cuba. -Workers carry a mirror on a street.
4. Photo from Port au Prince, Haiti. 
5. Khor, Qatar- Dogs chase a gazelle during the Arabian Saluki Championship in the desert.
6. Bamiyan, Afghanistan. -Girls listen during a class at the Markaz high school.
7. Ethnic Uzbek children sit by their destroyed house in Osh, Kyrgyzstan.
8. Amman, Jordan. -Students release thousands of coloured balloons to mark Teachers' Day.


The last one reminds me of the short film Le Ballon Rouge from 1956. It's so beautiful and if you haven't seen it maybe you should watch it now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bjúútí! Elska thegar thú kemur med nyjar færslur :)
Kv. Hanna