14.6.12




What is your name and who are you? My name is Jara and I am a musician and a wannabe gardener.

Webpage: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jara/40870551676

Monday or friday? Both, everyday is the same to me these days.

Rain or sun? Both, I like rainbows, or one at a time.

Summer or winter? Summer. Absolutely. I prefer to have the darkness in movies or books then outside my window for 20 hours a day.

Cats or dogs? I´ve got a cat, Keli, he´s rather stupid but very sweet, and I would love to get a Husky or a Labrador one day, first I need more space.

Tea or coffee? Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, a little bit of tea when I start to shake, and then some more coffee.

Pulsa or lifrarpylsa? Neeehh...

Stebbi or Eyvi? Nína!


A bag of candy or a plate of cheeses? Cheese and some chocolate. And a glass of Champagne.

Who is your most loved character in literature? Owen Meany is the most vivid character I´ve encoutered in a book so far.

Most beautiful movie ever seen? So many! Veronicas Week of Wonder, In the mood for love, Suspiria and Der Himmel uber Berlin to name a few.

What characteristics do you most envy in others? Calmness...

If you could fly, where would you go first? To Kashmir in India, Stopping on a few mountaintops on the way.

If I would give you a medal right now, what would it be for? Drinking a lot of coffee.

Favorite place in Iceland? My family´s summerhouse in Kjós and any place where I can lie down for a bit to feel the earth move around the sun.

Favorite place outside of Iceland? Usually the one I´m in at the moment. The Atlas mountains in Morocco are amazing.

Favorite thing to collect? Seeds, flowers, strange herbs and musical instruments. I really want a grand piano.

Favorite flower? Hollyhock, Lavender, Dahlias, Peonies, Orchids and Dandelions.


Favorite book? Difficult to choose, the last one I read and loved is 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami and I´ve read most of his books at least twice. Then I love Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietsche, The Brothers Karamazov by Dostojevsky, The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov, Mr Vertigo by Paul Auster and so many more. They´re all favorites!

Favorite villain? Any villain played by Christopher Lee.

Favorite sea creature? Octopuses and bottlenose dolphins.

Favorite smell? Newbornbabysmell!

Favorite song of all time? I have a new favorite song of all time every day but Coconut by Harry Nilson is always good.

Favorite film by your favorite director? It´s the same as with music and books, I cant have one favorite, only many. Sans Soleil by Chris Marker is one of the movies I watch again and again.

No comments: